Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Am I Eating too Few Calories in a day?

I'm a 29-year-old male who's 6'3" and currently weighs 288 lbs. I decided to start eating cleaner near the end of January to start feeling better. Weight loss and having shirts that fit right were a big factor, but my biggest is just that I wanted to be winded less, sleep better and just feel better all around. Which has happened, and it's only improving.

I hadn't weighed myself since June of last year when I went to a doctor and was 311 lbs. I then proceeded to still eat a bunch of junk food, go to McDonalds for a quick lunch and order 1500 calories worth of cheeseburgers, mcchickens and soda on a regular basis. So at the end of January, I had just signed up for Factor Meal prep delivery and decided to download the MyFitnessPal app and start just logging my food. I put in 300lbs because I had no idea what I weighed and my main focus was feeling better, so I figured that I hadn't done anything that would have made my weight change in a positive light since June, 300lbs is probably a fair estimate. I put in that I'd like to lose 1 lb a week and that I'm fairly sedentary. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week and do 3 weight training days that are full body workouts and one day where I spend some time on the stationary bike. The app spat out a calorie goal of 2,510 a day to lose a pound a week. (I do not account for the "free calories from working out " by the way. That sounds bogus.)

I track what I eat daily, but I'm not being hyper-restrictive or anything. If I feel like going to Panera and getting a warm bowl, I will. If I want to go try the new sauce at McDonalds I will go get a 6 nugget to try with the sauce as a little snack. I eat when hungry and snack on things like cottage cheese or Harvest Snaps instead of door-dashing some Taco Bell. I also don't drink soda anymore. I'll have a little coke zero from time to time if I'm feeling the pull. This usually puts me at 1900-2000 Calories a day, Averaging over a week 2000. Sometimes, I have a 1600-calorie day where I feel full and never really feel the pull of hunger. Sometimes, I eat dinner with my inlaws, and my Grandma-in-law cooks with "a lot of love," and I eat 2400 calories in a day. I typically hit my goal of protein intake at a minimum of 150g , maybe going for a little more on training days. I'm feeling amazing, and I only just recently was given an older scale from my brother-in-law where I weighed myself and was blown away to see I was 288 lbs. Generally, I'm feeling awesome. I'm just curious if I should be forcing myself to eat a little more or if my 1900-2000 calorie diet is totally fine if I'm feeling great and I appear to be losing weight.

Thanks in advance for your input!

submitted by /u/Goldnturtle
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/UoGJpzc

No comments:

Post a Comment