Thursday, July 11, 2019

1 year - 75lbs - but I'm losing motivation, not weight anymore (also progress pics)

According to MyFitnessPal, I've tracked my intake for 368 days, offically over a year. I'm 19F 5'9.5 and I've gone from 273 to 195. I'm super proud of how far I've come. I feel better; I'm solidly in the habit of tracking what I eat; I have good food habits. I just feel like I've hit a bit of a wall.

According to my deficit, I should still be losing weight, but I haven't in almost two months. I know that means that I'm eating at my mantience calories then, but it seriously doesn't feel like it. I've been weighing my food and I'm eating no more that 1,500 calories a day. My weight loss stalled when I stopped exercising as much (I was in physical therapy x3 a week). I'm getting back into working out regularly which may help a little, but we all know it's 80% diet.

Logically, I should cut my intake even more in order to lose more weight. Obviously 1,500 is too high. I think the other problem comes in that I'm not super motivated to lose weight at this point. My BMI isn't obese. My waist to hip ratio is 0.71. My hidradenitis suppurativa is practically completely healed (minus some scarring and a break out here or there.) I'm comfortable in my own skin. I know that it would be better for me to get down to a healthy BMI, but it doesn't seem like as pressing of an issue as when my BMI was almost 40.

I don't want to stop counting calories and go back to my old eating habits in any way, shape, or form but I have practically no motivation to lower my calories and eat less. I was wondering if anyone else had experience with something like this. I feel like it would be a diservice to "quit" here, but I'm not sure I want to do anything else.

Here's my progress, if anyone is curious

submitted by /u/PhotosyntheticBlur
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2GaFHfb

No comments:

Post a Comment