Thursday, July 4, 2019

125 lbs down. The final 20 to follow.

I've largely been a lurker on this sub but a bit about myself. I'm M(31) - 6'3" and a pretty reserved person. I started this journey when I randomly stepped on the scale roughly 2 years ago to find I weighed 322 lbs. This hit me hard and only added to what I consider the lowest point of my life (mentally and physically). To be blunt I wasn't happy and I was one mental break away from seeking an extreme option. Thankfully, I was so horrified that the thought had even crossed my mind let alone seriously contemplated it that I decided I needed a change.

​

I started by setting 2 goals to lose the weight and turn my job into a career.

​

I started my weight loss journey by changing my diet. I first worked with a low glycemic diet and the pounds began to shed. In a months time, I went from 322 to ~300 (I don't remember the exact weight). This continued for another month into the winter holiday season and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to resist the time of infinite cakes and pies. Thanks to willpower that I didn't know I had I made it into the next year down another 20 lbs. At this time coworkers began to notice and a few had asked if it was intentional or if I was sick. I informed them it was intentional and received my first confidence boost in the form of compliments from people who weren't my mother.

​

Then by mid-February, I transitioned into a keto diet and incorporated DDP yoga. The pounds then began to shed even faster through the spring and into the summer. I hit my goal of 180 lbs. and was able to maintain for almost a year and then I slipped. I put on 15 lbs. and told myself it was okay. I had grown complacent.

​

Then last September I had another reality check by realizing I crept back up to 250 lbs, because I had fallen back into old habits. I realized that as long as I was at my current job (regardless of position) I wasn't going to be happy, so I enrolled at the local college in the IT program (wish I would have done this sooner) and focused on diet and exercise again. I went back into keto, DDP yoga, and introduce kettlebells. At first, it was slow, but progress is progress.

​

This brings me to now, closing in on my weight loss goal for a second time, and the ultimate goal of just being happy. My confidence is higher than ever to the point of trying to get back into dating after a decade of being single.

submitted by /u/Mjollnr
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JcPGCQ

No comments:

Post a Comment