Sunday, July 14, 2019

Am I being petty?

I have many reasons I want to lose weight. I want to lower my risk of disease, be a good example for my children, look and feel better, etc etc. But I also have a reason that I want to lose the weight that seem almost a little petty...and its that I want to prove people wrong.

I dont have a ton of support as far as weight loss goes. The few people I've told about my goals have acted disinterested or given me looks like they don't think I can do it but they dont want to crush my spirits. The look of pity, I suppose. My own mother is one of these people. I get that most people don't care and thats ok. But I want to see the look on their faces when I finally get down to my goal. Maybe they still wont care, but they wont be able to give me those annoying looks anymore.

So there's the ones who don't care, then there are the ones who care but dont agree with my method for losing the weight, which is CICO. Most of these people are my friends, some of which are also overweight and wanting to lose weight as well. When I tell them everything I've learned about CICO..how it makes so much sense, how Ive already had success with it, (40 pounds down) how it will help them too..they dont want to hear it. But they will continue to spend tons of money on products that promise weight loss with no diet and no exercise. Or when I have told them exercise is wonderful for you, but its a poor tool for weight loss and that you cant outrun your fork..they completely ignore my advice, then want to vent to me later about how they can't lose weight and they dont understand why.

Im no longer upset over these things, though it was hurtful for people so close to me to be so unsupportive or to blow off my advice. But I'm going to turn this into part of my motivation and use it to help me stay dedicated, because we all know motivation comes and goes. I dont have to shove this info down anyone's throat. And I'm not going to say another word about my goals or progress to anyone. I will just hustle by myself and let my results speak for themselves. I think it will feel good to kind of shove it in the haters faces, and I hope to be an inspiration and example to my friends.

Does anyone else have similar feelings? Of course my health is the most important reason for my weight loss, but these other things can really help with my motivation when Im feeling like giving up.

Tl;dr i want to lose weight not only for health reasons, but also to prove people wrong. Is this petty? Do you have similar thoughts?

submitted by /u/hayhayjj
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Y4LSeT

No comments:

Post a Comment