Sunday, July 14, 2019

My husband asked me to lose weight and I did. Now he’s happy but I’m still struggling to get to goal weight.

Almost 2 years ago my then fiancé said he loved me, but he would find me more attractive if i lost weight (not in a mean way, and I had asked him to be brutally honest).

I was 110lbs overweight. I worked hard for months and lost 80lbs. He also lost 35 lbs. He was so happy with both of our results and so was I. The spark was and is back in our relationship.

Planning the wedding was stressful, then we had many visitors, now it’s summer. I have kept up my exercise habits but am falling into old food habits. Over the past 10 months I’ve put back on 20lbs and he’s put on 40.

He is still over the moon with my weight loss and tells me all the time how much he likes how i look. However, I still want to get to my original goal weight, still 60 lbs away. I also liked how he looked better before too, tho of course I still love him and how he looks now.

It’s so much harder to lose now! He is still supportive but I think we both burnt out on our efforts last time. We couldn’t go out to eat or drink with friends very much. Now he gets bummed if I say I want to stay home or not go out for meals. Before he would come for walks and exercise with me but now he’s more reluctant to and would rather stay in and play video games. He also encourages me to play video games with him, and I do enjoy it but find it means we stay up late and i don’t get my morning meal prep and exercise in. But he’s so happy when we play together!

Any advice on how to get motivated again when you and your partner are not on the same page? I want to achieve my goal for myself but it’s really hard when you have someone who also encourages the habits that you’re trying to break. How do you get and stay focussed when you’re already two years into the journey and feeing pretty tired of trying and failing again and again to stick with changes longer than a week?

submitted by /u/chubbaythrowaway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JUoQhZ

No comments:

Post a Comment