Sunday, July 14, 2019

Choose your unhappy

I’ve been pretty much maintaining my weight loss since December. I have had a small gain, (5lbs) but nothing that can’t be worked out with healthy eating. I still go to my CrossFit gym regularly, I still mealplan, and I still associate with fit people. One thing my CrossFit coach said to me when I told her about my 5lb gain (mind you I lost 50+lbs) was “I think you’re being too hard on yourself. Relax and and enjoy life.”

So today, after the gym I went to the grocery store to pick up some ingredients for seafood soup (I am a huge sucker for shellfish). I went to the veggie section to pick up the veggies, and there was a woman there, about my age and height, who was as heavy as I used to be. The person who she was with tried to nudge her towards the vegetables. She said “what’s the point of being pretty if you’re unhappy all the time?” And she walked away.

If any of you ever felt like that on this journey, I want you to know you’re doing it wrong. If you are unhappy all the time on your diet you are not eating properly. Perhaps you need to adjust your macronutrients, maybe you need more protein in your diet, maybe you need a cheat meal/day or 2 a week. I repeat, if you are unhappy ALL THE TIME you are doing it wrong!

On the spiritual end of things, yes she is right. Being “pretty” does open some doors and makes life slightly easier, but at the end of the day you still have to deal with yourself. You will most likely have the same ride or die friends at the beginning of this transformation to the end, or you may lose some friends even. You still have to work on your inner beauty. Your career won’t be handed to you on a silver platter. So many things you still have to earn.

On the other hand, her statement could be a defense mechanism, one I used myself when I was heavy. Choose your unhappy: you can be unhappy while being “pretty”, or you can be unhappy while being unhealthy. There is nothing happy about sleeping uncomfortably, or some heavy people I know have sleep apnea and fall asleep at the most inappropriate of places. There is nothing happy about being pre-diabetic at the age of 22 and having to take all sorts of meds. There is nothing happy about not being able to go swimsuit shopping with your friends because nothing in the plus size area will fit you.. and so on. There is nothing happy about minding your own business in public and kindergartens pointing out your size to everyone in public and laughing loudly. There is nothing happy about having to run to Wal-mart the morning of your grandma’s funeral because your biggest pant size, that you wore to a wedding 6 months prior, won’t fit AT ALL. Finally, there is nothing happy about your feet hurting to the point you need to sit and rest while no one else is having issues.

Choose your unhappy. Keep working on yourselves, and eat right. Don’t give up everyone! It’s so worth it!!

submitted by /u/psychgirl88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Sc30de

No comments:

Post a Comment