Tuesday, July 23, 2019

[Day 1] Have half heartedly been trying to lose weight for a year and need help coming up with a plan and getting motivated

Hi everyone, I’m not sure if this is the right sub for this type of post (I’m new to reddit) so feel free to delete it if it is! I’m 5’6 and currently 130 pounds, and would really like to get to 120-125. I’ve been half heartedly trying to lose weight this past year.

My eating habits are super irregular (sometimes I only eat two large portions in a day, other times I’ll eat 10 small portions in a day) so I have no clue how many calories I’m eating right now. I definitely allow myself to eat reasonable portions of chocolate/cookies/chips/pastries on a regular basis, pretty much whenever I want to (which is probably 2-3 times a week). I also tend to have a little portion of semi-healthy dessert almost every day (dark chocolate, mochi, fruit popsicles). If I go to a restaurant (doesn’t happen too often), I usually finish my plate and split dessert with someone. I’m also definitely a chronic snacker — unless I’m restricted from doing so because of work, I eat a little something here and there every two hours, and I definitely think it adds up calorie wise. Other than that though I eat healthy. Whole grain pasta, eggs, vegetables, lots of lean protein, brown rice, fruit, nut butters, seeds, etc, because it’s genuinely how I like to eat.

I also exercise a good amount, about 6 days a week. I do 30 minute runs 4 times a week, and do intensive weight lifting 3 times a week. I also do HITT workouts every once in a while. I’d probably estimate my intake at 1900-2200 depending on how active I am that day. Some days though I definitely don’t eat more than 1500 (travel days, exam week, etc). But to be honest, those counts could be off, I have no clue. I feel like based on how much I exercise and eat, I should weigh a lot less, but that could just be me having a skewed perspective on how much regular people eat because my close friends are all extremely skinny with fast metabolisms!

Overall I have a really healthy relationship with food, which was hard earned because I suffered from anorexia for several years in high school (which was a long time ago). It has definitely had an impact on me though. I have no clue how much or how many times a "normal" person eats a day, and I have no clue if my eating habits or body are normal. I really do not want to count calories because that might be triggering, nor do I want to cut out entire food groups. I have a really hard time telling myself “no” when it comes food, either because I forget I’m trying to lose weight or because I’m a very impulsive eater.

Do you guys have any tips for getting into the weight loss mindset, and for staying motivated? I find that I have a really hard time with that. Also, any tips to cut down impulsive snacking? Any advice is appreciated, even food swaps I could be making or different exercises I could be trying!

Thanks guys :)

[TL;DR] I eat healthy overall and exercise almost daily but have a problem with impulsive snacking and motivation to lose weight. Need tips on how to cut snacking down and how to stay motivated! Also on how to boost metabolism potentially.

submitted by /u/lggw
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2OalIng

No comments:

Post a Comment