Tuesday, July 23, 2019

I eliminated (for the most part) Soft Drinks from my diet a month or so ago and I'm starting to feel a lot different..

A little back ground information, I'm a male, 26 years old around 6 foot 1 and I'm not entirely sure about what my weight is. Last weight in was pretty big, I was around 280 - 300 lbs.

I WAS Drinking almost an entire 2 liter of Soda every day and it has been this way for a few years with a very sedentary life style. It started when I turned 21 / 22 and got a management position at a local fast food place, got hooked on soft drinks since I was there for 8 - 10 hours a day and they were free and I ended up building a really really bad habit. I drank very little, or no water at all for the majority of this period in time.

A month or a little over ago I got tired of it. I just looked in a mirror and for a moment I saw where my life was headed and I wanted to try and be a bit better.

So I did it. I cut Soda as best as I could. I realized a while ago quitting something cold turkey is not super easy and can often result in total failure so I try not to beat my self up if I drink 1 16 oz Soft drink every now and again (Usually anywhere between 3 days to a week apart) the longer I got, the larger the gap between drinking them gets. I've just heavily been drinking water. I think its quite the improvement. Down from a 2 liter a day, to maybe a 16 oz every couple of days to a week.

In the last week or so I've been feeling completely different. I feel more awake, I don't sleep for nearly as long as I have been. I used to call out of work a lot because I'd be just tired all the time, but I actually volunteered for more days this week and am looking forward to getting out of my house. (I no longer work fast food) I find it really hard to actually sit down on my computer and play games like I used to. I've actually been really not liking the whole sitting around thing and have been trying to find ways to get out more.

Its almost like I woke up from a really long sleep.

I'm a little surprised by all this, I didn't think cutting soft drinks would have this kind of effect on me, but I have some questions.

Is this normal to feel like this after the removal of such a large intake of liquid sugar? Given the amount of Soda I WAS drinking, what kind of weight loss should I be seeing with a somewhat active job (on my feet for 6 - 8 hours, stretching, lifting, squatting) Should I be concerned?

submitted by /u/The_Nixx
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JMBsJ9

No comments:

Post a Comment