Tuesday, July 23, 2019

It works!

I've been a lurker here for a long time. I loved reading the motivational stories, and daydreaming that it could be me some day. I work a Fairly physical job, and walk 527 miles a day at work despite that I was gaining for maintaining 350 + pounds. I always told myself that I was overweight, but I was athletic so I wasn't unhealthy. As I've gotten older things have become more difficult. My knees and hips ache, and I just can't do the kind of work that I used to Still, nothing ever convinced me that it was time to start losing. Then last month something clicked.

I just decided one afternoon that I was tired of eating junk all the time. I was tired of being miserable trying to chase my kids around. I quit beer, sodas, and fast food cold turkey. In a split second I decided that I'd had enough and I changed my entire lifestyle. Luckily my wife indulged me, and began to help select and cook healthy dinners. While she would still eat junk for breakfast and lunch (we eat these meals at different times) she committed to making better choices at dinnertime. After a couple of weeks of seeing me be fully committed to counting every calorie, and the weight loss victories that came with it, she got fully on board. Now a month into my weight-loss Journey, she and I revel in each other's successes. I'm down 30 pounds, and feel great. She's down 10, and is really beginning to hit her stride. At my heaviest I was 355 lb. When I started my weight-loss Journey I was close to 340. Because of cico and IF 16:8 / 18:6 my pre-diabetes is also in check. MFP and Samsung health (with my smart watch) have really made it easy to stay honest with myself and track everything.

I feel like I've unlocked determination that I didn't even realize I still had. I believe in the power of this community. Even for someone who lurked here for years and never joined in, it was seeing success in others that finally made me decide to change. If I can do this, you can do this.

The best time to plant a tree is twenty years ago. The second best time is today.

TLDR: Long time lurker, first time faster. Y'all mean a lot, even to people that haven't started yet.

submitted by /u/GuantanamoTrey
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YhFVHO

No comments:

Post a Comment