Tuesday, July 23, 2019

something they don’t tell you about weight loss

hello! this is my first time posting here, and i’m on my phone so sorry for formatting issues background information, i am a 17 year old girl and i’ve been on a weight loss journey for 2 years now, followed a lot of diets and finally found something that works now and i’ve been losing weight in a pretty ok pace. i weight around 172-176 pounds (water weight fluctuates) and i’m 159 cm. i’ve lost around 20 pounds, but i went from an XL to a medium.

I’ve been reflecting over something for quite a while now. When i was fatter, i used to think a lot about weight loss and how much happier and more confident i was going to be if i just lost the weight. But now that i am more than halfway to my goal, i found myself becoming unhappier and unhappier with the way i looked. i realized that the more weight you lose. the higher standards of yourself you get. the more you “erase” your flaw, the more flaws about yourself you’re going to notice. i found myself comparing myself to others who lost weight quicker, and who looked a lot better than me. This can, and in my case did quickly lead to an unhealthy obsession with the way you look.

i would always read about weight loss and the success stories of people who lost weight, but i don’t think this was talked about enough, that focusing on your mental health and your mindset is just as important as focusing on your actual physical weight loss, because this will he the leading factor to your happiness.

submitted by /u/nekoniii
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Z41AUS

No comments:

Post a Comment