Wednesday, July 10, 2019

I hope this is allowed- weight loss journey getting difficult with crappy worn down running/tennis shoes. Would love recommendations from plus size/heavier women who know of some good ones?

I’m 420lbs, and have a history of plantar fasciitis. I always need to wear supportive gym shoes even walking around campus or any distance really because of how heavy I am and how easily my feet hurt. Lately after having my Nike Air Maxes for the last 2 years they are due for an upgrade, they are worn down the support is basically gone and the edges make it easy to roll my ankle because they are so broke down. I find myself attempting to hike or walk and getting frustrated by the lack of support I have in my shoes.

Another thing to point out is I need wide shoes, I wear a size 10 and prefer shoes with a thick heel of some sort of support, cushion, bounce back (something to help the impact of my weight). I have had the Nike hair max shoes for a while but they aren’t wide and haven’t been as supportive. I would like to try to spend less than $100 on a pair of supportive but durable shoes (maybe with a subtle cute color or pink or blues) but I’m here for comfort more than I am the style portion.

I feel like my desire to exercise and just get out and walking has been hindered by my fear of plantar fasciitis swell ups due to the crap support I have now. Any suggestion on good tennis shoes for obese people would be wonderful. I also plan to go on a trip soon with a lot of walking involved and want some shoes that can be more reliable as well as useful when “hiking” (nothing severe just walking some slopes in a local waterfall park with hiking trails) or walking more.

submitted by /u/crystalizedwolf
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2JA5sGB

No comments:

Post a Comment