Friday, July 12, 2019

I lost 2 pounds in one week using the CICO method and MFP

Just a little background,

I lost 100lbs a couple years ago and had been maintaining around 160 for a good year. I was 264.3lbs at my heaviest. I am a female, 5'9, and I weighed myself last week at work and I couldn't believe it. I was up to 184.2lbs. Since I've lost weight before, I knew I was capable, but each re-start attempt becomes increasingly difficult. I've been trying to get back at it for months, but I just couldn't stick to a routine. Something clicked inside me when I saw those numbers. I feel like it was my promise to myself that I would never be over or close to 200lbs again. I downloaded MyFitnessPal when I got back to my desk, calculated my TDEE, and set a deficit. I haven't exceeded my daily calorie count for the past 7 days. Today marked a week, so I weighed myself again on the same scale, with the same amount of clothing, and at the same time of day.

TWO POUNDS!

I know it's not much, but it's good for a week, right? And I mean hey, any pounds lost is still pushing me in the right direction. It feels amazing to see the progress line on MFP go down, and I can't wait to see my future progress. I guess the point of this post was to share my excitement, but also to encourage my fellow loseit redditors to keep going. Weight loss is so hard, and we as humans crave instant gratification, but Rome wasn't built in a day. Weight loss is a slow and steady process, but the journey is well worth it in the end.

Thank you for listening. It feels good to be back on the path to health again :)

submitted by /u/huffelpuff333
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2jzu2hQ

No comments:

Post a Comment