Wednesday, July 3, 2019

I think I plateau really easily, need help overcoming it

A few weeks ago I posted this post about getting stuck while on Keto. I ended up taking some advice and going on intermittent fasting. It worked well for a while, but the gains (losses?) plateaued out (and started edging up slightly) and last month I lost a total of 1.6 lbs on average. Which is closer to my weekly then to my monthly goal. It’s very frustrating because I’ve been working so hard on denying carbs, only occasionally drinking (and even then a sugar free cocktail such as tequila and soda), counting everything meticulously, and working out 5 days a week. I am still getting stronger which is good. I also noticed an interesting seasonality where my weight goes up during the week, probably because of water held in damaged muscle cells, and resets down over the weekend when I rest.

It’s possible that I am overestimating my caloric intake (1800 kcal/day), but not so systematically much that over a month I underestimated by 15,750 (monthly goal of 6 lbs, minus 1.5 lbs is 4.5 lbs, times 3,750 kcal/lb of fat). That’s more than 500 kcal per day. I haven’t changed anything since the initial rapid weight loss and I haven’t lost enough such that I’d need to recalibrate my intake. The only thing I can think of is that my body has become resistant to changes in hormones induced by this diet and that I need to reset once a week with a more aggressive cheat meal/day.

I also don’t understand why it’s so difficult for me to lose weight and it’s really frustrating. I’m not particularly lean so I shouldn’t be having to do too much calculation, just lift heavy compound movements, walk more than 15,000 steps a day, eat less than 2000 kcal a day and eat less than 50 grams of carbs and more than 100 grams of protein. That’s what my doctor said. I am doing that and much more and every time I make progress for a week it stops for a month. Ugh.

submitted by /u/The-_Captain
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2YvUQyV

No comments:

Post a Comment