Sunday, July 7, 2019

I'm feeling very stuck in my weight loss goals and could use some help!

Throwaway because I like to keep defining personal details off my main account.

A little bit about me:

I'm 5'4", 141lbs as of this morning, 27 years old, female. My starting weight was 164lbs about 8 months ago. I'm very proud of the weight loss I've already achieved, but my goal weight is 125lbs, and I've been stuck hovering around the high 30's low 40's range for probably two months now. I exercise around three times per week, focusing a lot on cardio but also not ignoring the importance of building muscle with weight lifting.

I work on my feet and am averaging about 12,000 steps per day, so I definitely do not have a sedentary lifestyle. A couple of weeks ago I switched to a low carb diet, thinking that that might help me get over this little hump. It seemed to be effective for a week, and I reached 136lbs! Now, following the same diet, I'm all the way back up to 141. I cannot understand why I'm going backwards. I haven't started any new medications that my body isn't used to, I'm not pregnant (you wouldn't believe how many of my friends suggested this lol) and I cook all of my meals at home. I also have logged all my recipes in a macro calculator so I know exactly what I'm eating. And not to pat myself on the back too hard, but I've been doing an excellent job of not straying from my meal plan. I honestly do not snack or have "little bites" of anything. I've been increasingly strict because I was doing so well for a while and it hurts to be sliding backwards. I allow myself one cheat day per week where I let myself eat more carbs than usual, like a slice of toast with breakfast or one serving of ice cream after dinner. I'm not all out binge eating. My diet currently is heavy protein and good fats, but it's definitely not Keto.

If anyone else has been in this situation and has advice about how to overcome it I would be so appreciative of the feedback and help! Happy Sunday y'all!

submitted by /u/imstuck_help
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32bGNAL

No comments:

Post a Comment