Sunday, July 7, 2019

Increased calories + new exercise routine = stalled weight loss and frustration.

Mid 30s guy in the obese BMI range. I was put on a 1500 cal diet by my docs and have lost 30lbs since mid April. My docs gave me the okay to increase to 1800 cal a day since I was dropping weight too fast. I’ve added about 60-90 minutes of strength training a week 5 days a week for the last month with about 20-30 of cardio if I have time about 2 days a week. Since I’ve added the exercise a month ago I’ve stalled out a bit. According to MFP I’m down about 3-5lbs for the month and I’ve lost practical nothing in the last week.

I know that adding exercise can cause water retention , add muscle, increase blood volume etc. And that the increased calories are going to slow things down a bit. I also know that even including the slower loss I’m still above the “safe” loss rate of 8lbs per month. So I shouldn’t really complain.

All that being said I really miss stepping on the scale in the morning and seeing it drop by .25 to .5 lbs. I guess I’m just venting because I’m about 6lbs away from being out of the obese range and the lightest I’ve been in 10 years.

submitted by /u/Rho-Ophiuchi
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Xtk67r

No comments:

Post a Comment