Friday, July 12, 2019

I've lost 39 pounds in 100 days and am 25% of the way to my goal

On April 1st I got on the scale and weighed in at 351 lbs (159.2 Kilos for those that don't like freedom units). This wasn't an April fools joke, seeing that number on the scale scared me and I knew I needed to do something. The problem was I didn't know what to do. At first I ate less at meals and cut out carbs where I thought I could. Then I stumbled on this subreddit and started reading. The stories of weight loss and transformation inspired me.

On April 15th I started using MFP and from that day on I have tracked every crumb I have eaten. This is an incredible pain in the ass sometimes, but it has been so worth it for me. I've also tracked data in a spreadsheet and created graphs to follow my progress. Along with that I've managed to make it to the gym 40 times in those 100 days which isn't as often as I would like but it's better than I was doing.

What I've learned isn't new or groundbreaking but I'll still share it with you.

1) Losing weight isn't linear. I weigh myself every day that I can. My weight will rise and fall seemingly randomly but at the end of the week I weigh less than I did at the start of the week. I know a plateau is likely coming at some point and I'm mentally preparing for that.

2) Losing weight is a slow process. Yes I've lost a lot in a short amount of time but I know that pace won't continue. I didn't gain all this weight overnight so it's not going to go away overnight.

3) Not everyone looses weight the same way. Whether it's Keto, IF, CICO, Intuitive Eating, or something else pick what works for you. Just make sure you are being healthy about it. For me it's CICO. My TDEE according to the spreadsheet in the FAQ is 3380 Kcal. I talked with my physician and 'm averaging 1719 Kcal per day (I'm shooting for 1700 so I think I'm doing pretty well.) This is pretty aggressive weight loss but still has me in the 1% body weight per week loss range.

4) You really don't have to workout to loose weight. If you eat fewer calories than you need to maintain, then you will loose weight. Working out can help to get you into that deficit, just be sure you don't eat back those calories.

5) Stay positive. At first weighing myself every day almost threw me off the rails. I would not loose any weight or I would gain weight which would demoralize me. I had to keep telling myself that this is a long process. This is also why I started a spreadsheet and started tracking data. I can see that over the long term my weight is going down and that gets me through the times where I don't see the progress.

6) Time is going to pass no matter what you do. I kept telling myself I'll start on Mondy or I'll start on the first or I'll start after X event or holiday. There is no reason to not start today. Start right now, don't give yourself another excuse not to. 100 days from now you can be in the same place you are now or you can be on the journey to a healthier you.

7) If I can do this you can do this. 100 days ago (102 but I was too busy the last 2 to post this) I was a lazy lump that spent too much time sitting around and eating everything I could get into my mouth. Now I'm a less lazy lump that eats whatever I want (just less of it) and I'm down 39 pounds, my blood pressure is lower and I feel better. I know I have a long way to go but I'll get there eventually.

If anyone has any questions or needs someone to bust up their excuses hit me up.

submitted by /u/fatflyingtaz
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xN5fuk

No comments:

Post a Comment