Sunday, July 21, 2019

[NSV] Back on the wagon, and my skin is so clear now!

I fell off the wagon. I'll admit it. I lost 50 lbs using CICO, then I moved, I started a new job, I entered a new relationship, all those kinds of changes that made me lose sight of my goal. The scale started creeping up. I was able to maintain for a few months, then I was 5 pounds heavier than when I moved. Then 10. I told myself that 170 was still fantastic, remember when I celebrated getting under 200? I was overjoyed to be 199.7 and cried tears of happiness, so I really shouldn't beat myself up about 170.

I still wanted to lose though, and I tried to find my old habits. I tried using my fitness pal to calorie count, but couldn't keep up with it for longer than a week. I tried going jogging again, but my new location gets to 80 degrees by 10 am in the summer, and I work swing shift so that's pretty early in the morning for me. Excuses, excuses.

I tortured myself with questions on 'how do I get back into the habit of being healthy? What did I do last time that jumpstarted everything?'

Then it hit me. I started on a really strict diet oversaw by a physicians group. I not only had to meal prep, I had to calculate how much protein, fat and carbs I was consuming, I had to log everything, and report it to the doctor in biweekly sessions. It was harsh and controlled and I thrived with it. Slowly, I began realizing that that diet wasn't perfect for me, so I altered it to work with my lifestyle, but the habits had begun to form. I was able to continue from there by myself, but it was the original highly-structured form that had started the work.

So now, more than 1 year after losing the thread of weight loss, I'm back, with a vengeance. I found another diet plan with equally stringent rules and using my incredibly powerful stubbornness to see it through. I'm on day 12 of the Whole 30 diet, and going strong.

I always knew every person has their own path to weight loss. What works for one person will not always work for others. We each have to find that one plan, that one idea or habit that resonates with us. That's why there are so many fad diets and diet plans and weight loss clinics. Not just because they're profitable, but because they can only help the people they work for.

Now, about the title, I have always had the worst acne. In high school I was put on accutane for horrible acne that was all over my face, chest, scalp, and back. I cursed genetics for my horrible skin, and even now, in my mid-twenties, I still got bad breakouts and giant whiteheads that made me ashamed to leave the house at times.

I always knew somewhere in the back of my head that diet and skin quality were linked, but after cutting out grains, soy, dairy and sugar, my skin is wonderful! I still have some dark spots and freckles and scars, but the rest suddenly looks clean and soft and bright like never before. I'll be interested in the reintroduction phase to see which foods will cause breakouts so I can start avoiding them!

Thanks for reading, and I wish you all the best with your own individual paths!

submitted by /u/pm-me-unicorns
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Z1R9kR

No comments:

Post a Comment