Monday, July 8, 2019

People who have been doing this for a long time, what do you do to enjoy the journey?

I've been at this for a long time. I'm at the point where I'm more relaxed into it. I've done the "things" - lifted the weight, ran the race, did the backflips, had the makeover, bought the clothes, wore the dress. I'm not at my goal body yet, but I'm at the point where I have to actually scale back my workouts because of my aesthetic goals. (Tried on a jacket the other day and realized, no more bicep curls for me, squats have been off the menu for a while too).

I responded to a guy on here upset over man boobs, that he was well on his way, and to just keep at it the way he's been doing and don't worry about it. That's how I feel about my weight loss/fitness journey right now - I feel like I have to just keep going, not pushing, just keep it rolling and I'll reach my goals. I'm not going to weigh or measure myself for the next three months or so, just judge by my clothes fit. And also I don't plan on doing any big clothes shopping until I get much closer to goal.

That said, I'd like to see once people made that switch from being focused on weight loss and all the topics that surround it, (celebrating NSVs, and PRs, and navigating comments/sabateurs, and figuring out your "new style," etc., etc.) and just making it a part of your life as a thing you do and not something you really put a lot of mental energy into, what are some ways you enjoy this part of the journey - the coasting?

submitted by /u/WonderWomanIRL
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/32fi5Q8

No comments:

Post a Comment