Monday, July 8, 2019

Question about Protein

Hi there all,

I'm on my journey towards my goal weight and now that I've got a bit of a better handle on my activity and calorie goals I wanted to start thinking about the specific nutrients a bit more carefully.

For a bit of general guidance, I'm a 31 year old female at 170cm tall and currently at 87.5kg, with around 15kg to go to get to my target. I'm using my fitness pal, and as I've set the goal to lose the weight slowly and am fairly active (10k steps daily and a few gym trips a week, mostly treadmill/exercise bike but some body weight and dumbbell stuff), I've got a daily calorie goal of 1780.

I'm aware that I don't get enough protein at the moment (the MFP target is 102g a day, and I'm often only eating between 40g and 50g). Trouble is that I'm finding it really difficult to work out how to add more protein in. I'm vegetarian, Coeliac so TOTALY gluten free, don't like eggs or milk (I do eat cheese), can't eat any beans, nuts or pulses except chickpeas, almonds and peanuts and can't STAND tofu. I'm on a slim budget and don't have much time to cook or prepare food.

My current days look mostly like this:

Breakfast - nut butter on rice cakes

Lunch - Rocket salad with chick peas, mayo and rice cakes

Snack - usually a gluten free biscuit/cereal bar or maybe a few grapes or almonds

Dinner - Vegetable chilli (courgette, bell pepper, chick peas, kale and tomatoes) with rice and cheese. Often followed by a small piece of cake/ice lolly/fruit

Anyone got any ideas on how I could add some more protein in to my diet? And how much does it matter if I don't get enough protein? Will it slow down my weight loss? Have other effects?

submitted by /u/aaalip
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2G15d6C

No comments:

Post a Comment