Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Progress!!

SV/NSV, since this is my first post and I didn't think to put it in the subject. Sorry!

So I have used LoseIt for weight loss (seriously, and honestly logging consistently) 3 times. Currently on go number 3.

I specify because I can't tell you how many times I've started, and for one reason or another, gone off the rails. I remember stepping on the scale last fall and seeing that I was mere pounds away from being 200 and panicking. I have NEVER seen that number on the scale before, and never thought I'd get there. It is really terrifying how fast it can sneak up on you.

This last time I had some motivation. I ordered a bridesmaid's dress for a friend's wedding in August and, through a mix-up, it arrived several sizes too small. My husband told me to send it back, I instead decided to use it as a goal. I had 3 months to get down 2-3 dress sizes. I honestly thought I'd be ordering another dress in 2.5 months. The faith was not there. I stuck to the app for the 2.5 months, but felt like the number on the scale was dropping at a snail's pace.

On a whim the other night, I pulled the dress out of the closet. I remember reaching behind to zip the dress up, and feeling the zipper catch. My heart sank. I had been trying SO hard. I called my husband in to help get me out of the dress. "The zipper is stuck, it's still too small, it won't go up any further.. Can you carefully get the zipper to release?" I asked him. I was already calculating in my head how to afford a whole other bridesmaid dress. He moved behind me and just stopped. He started laughing, "Babe, the zipper isn't stuck. It's fully zipped. The dress fits."

Cue lots of shrieking and dancing around the room with my husband, in my now-fitted dress!

Y'all, I am SO HAPPY. I'm not stopping, but this, to me, is the first real significant sign of progress. I was looking in the mirror and not seeing a difference, not seeing a change, but this is concrete proof! I'm now under 180, but still have a ways to go. This page has been SO helpful! Reading all of your tips, your stories, I feel like I'm not doing this by myself. Thank you for all of your positive energy, it is appreciated more than you know!

submitted by /u/ThursdayAddams4
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2lOId3x

No comments:

Post a Comment