Sunday, July 7, 2019

Questions about weight loss

I’m currently 26 years old. I am a 5’3” 210 lb male.

Background: I have been eating way cleaner than I ever have before. I stopped doing weird diets like Keto, as I cave to stuff I’m not supposed to do.

I started just eating healthier and using a day or two a week to eat like crap. So far I’ve lost 10 lbs in the last 2 months.

I started recently going back to the gym and remembering how much I loved it back when I was a fit teenager. So far I’ve stayed around 1700 calories a day. I was wanting a couple opinions/answers for questions I have.

  1. I’ve been thinking about upping my calorie intake, but hitting the gym hard. For example:

Mon- whole upper body/cardio Tues- cardio Wed-whole lower body/cardio Th-cardio Fri-cardio Sat-whole body/cardio Sun-rest

My thinking is if I gain more muscle mass my Metabolism will increase and burn more calories. I’ll also be eating clean. My main sources of fat are all limited to healthy fats and just limited in general. Moderate protein and high carb. All food will be high quality, except for some days and meals that will have some fast foods. Basically my diet will stay about the same, except the calories increased to produce more muscle mass.

  1. What are some different grains I could be eating?

We all know whole grains and wheat blah blah, but what grains are out there that are high quality that isn’t brown rice or something like that? I want more variety.

  1. I need some tips for simple recipes that can be a single dish or meal prepped that’s healthy. And when I mean simple, I mean 4 big ingredients or less (not including flavoring ingredients)

Question number one is my main one though. It makes sense in my mind, but maybe someone more knowledgeable can explain why it’s a bad idea.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/Notpaulblart1992
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2xKzvpP

No comments:

Post a Comment