Tuesday, July 9, 2019

SV/NSV Tried to at least maintain on vacation and actually lost a few pounds!

Last week I went on vacation for 8 days from Friday to the following Saturday. I was at 300 lbs when I left. I kept up my logging and did my best to stay on my 16/8 fasting schedule. I spent a lot of time in the pool and did a lot of walking around while on vacation. My goal was to maintain and not gain while I was gone. I did even better! I dropped under 300lbs for the first time in nearly 19 years. As of this morning I am down to 291 lbs.

After dropping nearly 115 pounds in just over 11 months, I've never felt better as an adult. Just some advice for those of you on the same journey:

DON'T GIVE UP!

It is difficult to completely re-calibrate your body and your mind at the same time. For a lot of us, weight loss is just as much or more mental than physical. The physiological aspects of it are widely known. If you eat less calories than you burn off, day over day and week over week, you will lose weight. It is that simple, but simple is not easy. The mental part is figuring out why you are overweight in the first place. Re-orient your attitudes toward food. Don't use food as a coping mechanism or a drug. By all means, have a coping mechanism. We all need one, just make it a healthy one.

Some practical tips from my own experience:

-Give up the sugary drinks. Before I started this, I would easily down 2 or 3 42 oz sodas a day. That's nearly 1000 calories, just in drinks! I switched to zero-sugar or diet sodas and water with a no-sugar flavoring and just by doing that I lost about 10 pounds in the first month.

-Stop snacking out of boredom. On previous road trips, I would eat just to pass the time while driving. Not this time. I didn't even bring any snacks in the car.

-Eat fresh fruit. I love munching on fresh fruits. Grapes and strawberries are my favorites. They are filling and relatively calorie light for the volume. For instance a 1 ounce serving of chips is about 150 calories. 150 calories of strawberries is right around a pound!

submitted by /u/metalhead1982
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2XBQLMY

No comments:

Post a Comment