Sunday, July 21, 2019

the lazy man's weight loss plan. spoiler alert: it takes alotta time.

1st time poster. i've been lurking for a few months. i don't post much on reddit, but this sub has helped me, and maybe my post can help somebody. here's my stats: 40-ish, 6 foot-ish, 154.4 lbs. a little over 4 years ago i was 220.6 lbs. it blew my mind how much i had let myself go. i knew i was fat, but i was damn near Homer Simpson territory. i knew i had to make a change.

seeing as how i am very, very, lazy, i decided go the slow-slimdown route. i figured it took me years to become fat, so i would take years to get skinny. i was very slim growing up, but after high school the weight began to pile on. i knew it would be difficult to change all my unhealthy habits overnight, so a gradual easing into a healthy lifestyle was called for. i lost 30 lbs in 1 year. the only changes i made were i stopped drinking soda, i stopped adding anything to my coffee & tea, and i stopped eating pop tarts for breakfast. i did no more physical activity then normal.

i plateaued at around 190 lbs for about a year. i felt much better than i had, but i knew i was still fat. i just wasn't motivated to change anything else about myself. finally, i vowed to get down into the 170s. i started walking to places instead of driving when i needed to do errands (i live in the city). i started writing down everything i consumed. i started fasting for 12 hours a day. i stopped eating processed meat and cut down on bread. i started eating alotta broccoli. and hard-boiled eggs. it took me around 6 months, but i made it. according to my bmi, i was now "normal". people complimented me on my new, slimmer look. but i still wasn't happy with my weight.

there was only 2 things left i could change in my life to lose more weight. i could either start doing a massive amount of physical activity, or i could stop drinking alcohol. i chose the lazy (and cheaper) route. i had up until that point drank a very unhealthy amount of beer for many years. quitting wasn't easy. it took me multiple attempts. but, finally, i was able to stop. i've been sober for almost 5 months. in that time, i've lost 18.2 lbs.

TLDR: in 2015 i was 220.6 lbs. i am now 154.4 lbs. total loss of 66.2 lbs. not much more than a lb/month. my method of weight loss isn't gonna be for everyone. i doubt doctors would recommend it. if you're super motivated to lose weight, by all means, join a gym, buy organic food, fast for 18 hours a day, etc. you can drop lbs MUCH quicker than i did. but if you're not in a rush to be healthy (let me be clear that i deeply regret ever letting myself get so fat in the first place), just make some gradual changes over a long period of time. positive results will occur. you just need patience.

also, i have no pics to post. i know they're worth a thousand words. that's why i wrote so much.

submitted by /u/mehedonia
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/30QuKrd

No comments:

Post a Comment