Thursday, April 2, 2020

Does your body ever feel any different during a plateau? Water retention, soreness?

Every 6-8 pounds of weight loss I experience a plateau. It is so routine that I’m almost expecting it, even though I’m not changing anything drastic in terms of my diet and exercise from one plateau to the next - it seems to be a temporary setpoint that I just have to wait out.

Anyway, to keep myself from going crazy and wanting to binge / sabotage myself during these plateaus, I’ve started to journal a bit about how my body looks, feels, any changes I experience during these plateaus.

For me, it starts with a bit of fatigue, feeling drained or depleted. It’s usually accompanied by more DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) after workouts. My skin feels more plump, like a soft, gooshy watery layer under my skin. Sometimes I feel like my cellulite looks a little worse. Sometimes I get insomnia!

Sometimes I workout a little harder to shock my system, sometimes I take a rest day and eat at maintenance for one day. I haven’t quite figured out what it is exactly that does the trick. But once that “whoosh” comes, my stamina comes back, my cellulite doesn’t seem so bad, my recovery is better, my sleep is improved.

Does anyone experience something similar during plateaus? Anything different? I’m genuinely curious.

submitted by /u/TheSoftestDrink
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3dQdFVx

No comments:

Post a Comment