Sunday, April 5, 2020

Father is being judgements to me measuring portion sizes

Hi, for background, I'm 18, female, and around 5'2. My CW is 140 (according to the scale this morning) and my goal weight is 110-120.

My relationship with food has always been terrible, as I've always resorted to it whenever I was bored or dealing with emotional problems. Hell, I'm trying to correct it to this day by trying to hone into my "true hunger" and measure proper portion sizes.

I know that CICO is the main component to weight loss, so I try to measure everything (even low calorie foods) and track them down on MyFitnessPal. However, this has come with some scrutiny from my father. He's always said "you're fine, you don't need to lose weight, worry about it when you're older" when I know that's PURE BS. He's overweight himself, has low energy, and struggles doing basic tasks, like putting on his socks and shoes.

When I was measuring out my condiments for my salad (feta cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar), he made his usual comments. "You're like a damned chemist measuring that shit" and then he made a voice that he normally does whenever he's mocking me. How do I politely tell him to F off? I've tried talking to him about it before (~16 y/o), but he still doesn't get the memo.

submitted by /u/sinnohemblem
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2Vh6Gg3

No comments:

Post a Comment