Friday, April 3, 2020

I just cannot jive with the exercise communities on reddit... am I alone?

So disclaimer... I am not blaming the mods in anyway. Sometimes I just feel that some of the communities have no wiggle room for people like me. I think the mods follow pre set up rules and anything that doesn’t exactly fit or is too beginner-ish is not about their community. I have now left 3 communities bc I just can not handle the nazi like structure going on with them.

I am not saying this as a person that doesn’t read the wikis or rules. I do. But sometimes I am tired of digging for a half hour (or more) to find outdated information that isn’t relevant to my post and will have it removed for rule Z amendment 43.

I also am a former athlete from elementary school to college that has some basic understanding of things, but I’m sorry if my question related to running bras got buried on a weekly thread several weeks in a row that no one reads and then the post got removed bc it belongs in a weekly thread. I’d like to see a man running in a 40G bra who has back pain and wants to not spend $160 on a bra just to find out it doesn’t work. That’s only 1 bra, bro. You need way more than 1 bra if you work out 7 times a week. So then I go to YouTube and I honestly hate it bc I am never quite sure if someone is selling me something or not.

I also have been running solidly for over a year and strength train so sometimes I just want to share my accomplishments with others in those areas, but again, many fitness communities have limited or very structured acceptance for sharing accomplishments.

It just is frustrating bc I love to run and I love to strength train and I now love fitness in general and I find myself very limited irl in sharing this passion.

Weight loss background: Female. 5’7” SW: 270; CW: 219. I have lost 50 lbs. I started February 5, 2019 with C25K. Figured out that exercise alone was not where it was at so I stopped making exercise the priority and focused 100% on nutrition. I continued doing C25K if it worked with my schedule. After a month of getting my diet down. I added cardio 2-3 times a week. When I lost 30 lbs, I treated myself to a gym membership and started strength training. I now workout 5-7 days a week and love it. I hope to lose another 50-60 lbs depending on what my body and doc tell me.

Idk the purpose of this post. It just makes me so angry and I do not give up easily. I just feel if some communities were a bit more accepting maybe fitness would be something more people enjoyed instead of feeling judgment when they (I mean also me) walk their (also me) morbidly obese ass into a place that they should feel ok being in.

I also don’t know why I allow it to bother me so much. It’s the internet, man.

submitted by /u/Sjb1985
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3aJ0fIV

No comments:

Post a Comment