Thursday, September 9, 2021

Plateau? 3 week stalled progress

Apologies for any formatting issues, on mobile.

I’m experiencing some sort of stall/plateau in regards to my weight loss. I put on some pounds during the onset of the pandemic and I stopped hitting the gym regularly, so in June I decided enough was enough and came up with a solid game plan for a long term and sustainable change. I started tracking calories and aimed for what I believe is an appropriate amount of weight loss.

I started at 230lbs and lost around 30lbs by the middle of August. The past three weeks however, I haven’t lost any weight and instead I’ve actually gained a pound! I’m aiming for around 600-800kcal deficit, and I’ve been eating around 1600-1800kcal daily. Up until now, I’ve noticed around a 1-1.5lb loss weekly. I track my calories religiously and do resistance training 6 times a week hitting my muscle groups twice a week for 6-8 sets per workout. There’s no newbie gains happening as I’ve been lifting for 1.5 years.

The scale hasn’t moved in the negative for three weeks, I’ve actually gained a pound. Losing my mind over here so I could definitely use some more perspective on this.

submitted by /u/manifestmessiah
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/3zYCoBP

No comments:

Post a Comment