Sunday, February 6, 2022

Fat loss stopped and now i'm just loosing muscle. Any advice?

I am a bodybuilder and went overboard with bulking and ended up at 260lbs. I started dieting in October, and went down to 215lbs (waist from 40" to 35" currently) but now everything has stopped and my muscle is being ripped off me.

I have tried dropping to 1,500 calories a day for the last month and that did nothing to help. My muscles are shrinking and my fat isn't budging.

I eat the same food every day, at the same times every day, at exactly 1,500 (1,490 actually) calories total. Don't say i might be miscounting. I measure and weigh everything exactly and eat no snacks nor drink anything but water.

My job has me walking 20,000-25,000 steps a day and involves 3 hours of pulling pallets of freight during 10,000-12,000 of those daily steps, in addition to an hour of throwing freight on trucks.

I work out in my home gym 6 days a week for roughly 45 minutes each workout. So lack of exercise isn't the issue nor is over eating.

I know what science says but it doesn't work! Even for when i was bulking the numbers didn't work. According to the science you should eat 11 calories per pound to lose weight, 14 to maintain and 17-20 to gain.

I was eating 4,200 calories a day and i gained muscle and fat. Start of diet i tried 3,000 calories and lost 0 weight.

Dropped to 2,500 and still 0. 2,100 i started loosing fat and 2 inches off my waist and it stopped a few weeks later. 1,800 and boom, 38 to 35 inch waist in less than a month.

But i still have at least 3 inches left to lose off my waist and i can;t go lower with calories or i'll straight up pass out. According to every calculator my walking 20,000 steps alone, especially when pulling pallets, should have me burning 1,200+ calories. My nightly workout should be another 200 or so.

So even ignoring my BMR, i should be burning 1,400 calories minimum just for that and yet nothing for weight loss.

Any ideas?

submitted by /u/TribalHorse88
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/A58cw6b

No comments:

Post a Comment