Thursday, February 3, 2022

I was at my all-time heaviest a little over 2 months ago at 203 lbs (26/F/5'8). Yesterday I broke into the 170s and I recreated my starting weight photo! [NSFW for visible midriff]

Before/After Comparison from 203 lbs (11/30/2021) to 178 lbs (2/2/2022).

I'm 25 pounds down and 8lbs away from my initial goal! A goal that I thought was a reach when I started.

Since I was a kid, I figured I'd always be the chubby one. I was a thickset adolescent from the jump. Thick legs, round face, fat arms, never had a flat stomach. And my extended non-American family would comment on it a fair amount. It wasn't mean-spirited, but they'd call me chubby or fat like they were saying the sky was blue. It's cultural—they do that to everyone. But growing up as a girl in the US, it stuck with me. Even when I was thin, I didn't feel thin. I had sort of internalized "I am chubby. That is what I am."

In my late teens and early 20s, that went a lot of directions. From "I'm chubby and that makes me a bad person" to "I'm chubby and I'm goddamn beautiful" to "I'm chubby and that's a completely neutral statement." But I never actually thought of myself as in control of my body weight. It just seemed like something that happened to you. Like a button God pressed. Sometimes I'd have a flare of inspiration when I saw a friend lose weight. Or a person on TV. But the "if they can do it, I can do it too" would burn out right around the time I discovered juice cleanses are joyless soul-sucking enterprises, or that intermittent fasting is a gateway to disordered eating for me. I'd give up and say, "I tried! But I'm just chubby."

Then I broke 200lbs for the first time in my life. At that moment on the scale (something I had stepped on out of curiosity), I realized that I had been avoiding looking at myself in the mirror for months. I wasn't exercising, I was binge eating to cope with stress, and I felt listless and unmoored. At 200lbs, I'm not just chubby: I am a deeply unhappy person. And I realized that if the scale could move up, then it could go down too. I sat down and did a bunch of research and swore off all the stupid crash diet literature I read before.

I want to specifically thank this subreddit for what it does. Because CICO not only works, but it's accessible. I felt informed, data-driven, and better equipped to actually commit to weight loss. And when it felt like my calorie deficit wasn't doing anything and the little voice crept back in with the "I'm just chubby" line, I saw all of your update posts proving that people CAN and DO change their physiques and stay that way.

So, if you're feeling frustrated right now and are scrolling for motivation, I hope this helps. Stick with it! Keep counting and trust the process! You are not "just chubby" or "just fat". You have control and you can do it.

submitted by /u/Efficient-Doughnut24
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Q7nvCa1

No comments:

Post a Comment