Monday, February 7, 2022

Losing a significant amount of weight but developing disordered eating habits

TW: disordered eating.

Hi all, I’ve been lurking on this page for years but this will be the first time I’m posting. At the beginning of the pandemic I became unemployed and reached my highest weight of 280lbs.

In a bid to improve my mental health I started going on walks and eating better and slowly noticed weight loss. I’m employed now and have continued to lose around 110lbs since March 2020 however I still have around 40lbs I want to lose.

In the beginning of my weight loss journey I was making healthier choices, eating three meals a day and snacks and making sure that I included protein in my diet. As my weight loss slowed I started lowering my calories and now I find myself barely eating, and barely having an appetite.

After some thinking I’ve realised I’ve developed disordered eating and I was just interested to see if other people have felt this way whilst on a weight loss journey? Is it possible to lose a significant amount of weight and not develop an eating disorder?

submitted by /u/Outrageous_Ad_1740
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/aYCiQ8z

No comments:

Post a Comment