Monday, March 7, 2022

I lost 1.7 lbs this month and I am proud of myself

Hi! I'm new here and new to taking this seriously.

Here's my stats: 29F | 5'6 | SW: 235.8lb | CW: 234.1 | FGW 199 lb | Ultimate GW 150-160

I wanted to expand on a comment I wrote on another post about if you're getting fast food and you choose the smaller burger and fries instead of the large burger, large fries and shake, that's a healthy choice. I wrote that that's where I'm at right now as I'm addicted to fast food and habits essentially keeping me fat.

I have been on my weight loss journey for a month now guided by my local grocer's nutritionist (I recommend those who can to try this option-- it's usually free or low cost) and my focus has been on not eating fast food, meals at home and daily exercise for at least 10 minutes. That's it.

I absolutely love cooking despite being addicted to FF. My nutritionist allowed me one day to have one fast food meal of my choice but I needed to make healthy and nutritious choices throughout the week. I was struggling with that and was making excuses to squeeze in more during the week because I "had to have it" and then I'd shame myself for making the choice all over again, then eat the fast food the next day etc.

'Til something dawned on me. I am not going to lose the weight if I continue to eat the way I'm used to eating. The way I'm used to eating is a habit. Therefore I needed to replace my current habit with something different. To do so, I needed to re-train my brain to pick a different activity and then repeat it every day. No feelings or excuses.

I just fleshed this out a week ago, and to me I makes a lot of sense. Generally, the effort you put in is what you will see (bar for any health issues, hormonal changes etc that may be going on). Right now I do not have those issues, so it's pretty simple for me. With that being said, the effort I put in my first month is something I can be proud of; that was my best effort this month to a) get started and b) understand what I needed to do mentally for this to stick long term. Because what's going to happen when I get to my goal weight? Just go back to how I was eating? No. I'll gain all the weight back. I'm starting to see that making long-term decisions are really impactful here.

I have to let my brain understand I'm not taking anything away by not eating the fast food, I'm simply replacing the food for something else or replacing the boredom/mental hunger for another activity instead of eating. That was what I was very scared of when having to "give it up." I'm not, I'm just replacing it.

Slowly but surely I'm starting to feel better because while I still eat fast food at this stage, I eat less and less of it. I just need to keep training my brain to go towards healthy foods most of the time so that eventually I will start to crave it and want it over fast food. Hopefully by the time the habit forms to choose healthy/homecooked meals often, more weight will come off month to month. But I will have been putting in the effort long before and long after.

submitted by /u/dancedancedance83
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/yYOet91

No comments:

Post a Comment