Monday, March 7, 2022

Up a few pounds when you "should be" down? It's ok!

My history of self-sabatoge with weight loss looks a lot like this:

Have a "good" day of following the rules, working out, sticking in my calorie range, only to get on the scale the next morning and have the numbers go up rather than down. Cue a "f** it" day where I shove anything sugary within a 3 mile radius into my mouth and spiral for the rest of the day.

Didn't work super well. Weird!

The fact is - our weight is going to fluctuate 2/3 pounds naturally. Excess water weight / where you are in your cycle / whether you have pooped, all this feeds into it.

There will be frustrating days when the scale progress doesn't match your effort. These are high temptation days to through the towel in.

When I starting reframing my weight as a range rather than one specific number, and mentally preparing ahead of stepping on the scale for any number +/- 2 or 3 pounds, these fluctuations no longer bothered me. I was doing the things I needed to do to see the changes long term, and I was actually able to stick to my plan without self-sabatoging with an emotional roller coaster.

submitted by /u/Ok-Needleworker4360
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/1WTAOdG

No comments:

Post a Comment