Tuesday, April 5, 2022

A few simple changes in my diet that I think might have helped with my weight loss

Everyone's different of course. Below is what seems to have worked for me though:

  • Started drinking only water. When I realized how many calories a glass of milk has, I dropped milk immediately. Dropped coffee and juice as well. I used to legit drink 3 glasses of milk and coffee a day just out of anxiety. Now if I'm tired in the morning I just shower first and then eat some fruits and eggs, whereas before I used to go straight for milk and coffee.

  • 2 fried or boiled eggs for breakfast everyday, as I always have. This part hasn't changed.

  • no sugary foods. If my tongue desires tasting something sweet, I'll eat a banana, a mango, strawberries, or dark chocolate thats above 90% cocoa (that's about 5g of sugar or less). For whatever reason, stevia sweetened chocolate (like Lily's brand or whatever it's called) has a fuck ton of calories, so I avoid those.

  • No fried chicken or sauced chicken (like Korean BBQ or Teriyaki or something like that), only plain ass white ass slightly seasoned grilled chicken. (I buy Mesquite chicken from Sam's Club). I was told those sauces have way too much sugar and other stuff that it has too much of. I eat 1 chicken breast a day on most days, with different vegetables each night (green beans, carrots, tomatoes, etc). I prefer frying vegetables with a light amount of vegetable spray oil.

  • no pasta

  • no dairy

  • I eat a handful of saltless almonds or peanuts every few days

  • I eat some fish once a week, usually swai, tuna, tilapia, or salmon. I fry my fish, I know some people prefer boiling them though. Occasionally eat shrimp, which I prefer boiled (is that weird? Lol)

  • I eat potatoes every 3 or 4 days with the skin

  • occasionally eat lentils, like maybe once a month.

  • I eat about 1 apple a day, 2 bananas a day, with strawberries and mangos being about once a week.

  • no rice

  • I eat 1 steak maybe every 3 or 4 days. I prefer thin Cuban style steaks. I eat them with fried garlic and onions.

For exercise I'm running about 1 mile a day and doing 30 minutes of high-rep/low-weight weightlifting every day.

In about 1 month of doing this I've lost about 30 pounds. I don't feel hungry all the time, though I do get super hungry after weightlifting, which is why I eat dinner right after that. But I never feel hungry in the morning or before working out.

Anyways, tell me what you think.

submitted by /u/GiorgioOrwelli
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/YRZWnXi

No comments:

Post a Comment