Tuesday, April 5, 2022

I hate it when my family comments on my weight loss journey.

Growing up my family has always spewed fat phobic things to me, and recently since i’ve been making a change , while they have been supportive , i kind of HATE it ? I haven’t forgotten the time my brother called me fat when i was only 7 years old, i haven’t forgotten them forcing me to a nutritionist at 9 when i was quite the average weight at that time. Each time they’ve mentioned i should go to the gym with them or eat less - While i know it may be a bit of a problem, it hurts and it’s always hurt. As i’ve grown older they disguise it as a family thing where “oh we should all workout together and do this diet” I know it’s been targeted at me. When my sister mentions that and says i should lose weight and i reply back with i’m happy with how my body looks and feel now and she says “it’s a bit too much though” it hurts. I started a little less than a month ago and i’ve lost 6 pounds, and i have hardly even brought it up to them because i HATE when they cheer it on. Sure it’s the healthy thing to do, but i will never forget how they have treated me differently due to my weight and appearance and have always brought down my weight. I don’t want their support , and just never want them to mention my body or weight ever. I feel happy and proud of myself , and i love when my friends support me - because i know that they also supported me at my heaviest . Is it strange to feel this way?

submitted by /u/shimmeringrosee
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/cgHk7wI

No comments:

Post a Comment