Sunday, April 3, 2022

A new priority

Hey all. Long-time lurker here. I'm writing this at 12AM after eating an entire 150g chocolate bar because I weighed myself for the first time in a week and somehow went from 65 to 68 kg. Yes, the chocolate was rage-chocolate after seeing that number jump.

I've decided that I can't keep doing this. The #1 thing hindering my weight loss efforts is binge eating. Although I'm not diagnosed, I am pretty sure I have Binge Eating Disorder. So I'm switching my priorities right now. I'm at a healthy weight (approx 66 kg or 146 lbs) for my height (1.67m or 5'6), and while I'd like to lose another 5 kg (12 lbs), that can be put aside. The pressing issue is my relationship with food. I'm 21 years old and know that if I don't fix this problem now, it's going to have negative consequences for me down the line.

So, I am posting my pledge here to change my priorities and to repair my relationship with food. I've had quite the rocky relationship with food: anorexic/severely underweight at 14, overweight at 18, and now healthy weight at 21. It's time for me to fix this. My new plan: eat like a "normal person." This means no hiding food, no sneaking snacks, eating meals with my family, and even getting ice cream when my friends do. I'm going to not check my weight for a while and truly focus on building a more stable relationship with food.

Thank you all for listening to this half-asleep rant/promise/whatever it was.

submitted by /u/indigoraincoat81
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/NVTGDwn

No comments:

Post a Comment