Sunday, April 3, 2022

Finally learned what may have been holding me back

I have always struggled with weight loss, especially with hypothyroidism. But you know what I discovered on Monday or Tuesday? My maintenance calories and BMR calculation were way fucking off. I use the TDEE calculator, this one for calculating it. It turns out, inputting your body fat percentage makes a huge difference that my noob self didn’t realize.

I also hadn’t calculated my body fat in months, so it was needing to be updated anyway lol

ANYWAY, the calculation difference was almost 1000 calories. So it turned out, I’ve been eating my maintenance calories for the last 3 months, not at a -800 to -1000 caloric deficit like I thought! (Which wasn’t a dangerous amount for me. My incorrectly calculated maintenance calories was 2900). I had just figured it was so high because I’m so fat.

It turns out, at 5’6” with about 69% body fat (nice) puts my BMR at about 1700 calories, IF I didn’t have hypothyroidism (because I know that makes it lower).

So now I can eat at the right caloric amount and adjust as I go! It’s a win I wanted to share, since my only other post was me bitching months ago

submitted by /u/crochetpainaway
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/QhLA7cm

No comments:

Post a Comment