Sunday, April 3, 2022

How to manage the extreme hunger after losing weight ?

I'm 5'11 male 142 pounds, formerly 257, been maintaining for several months. I suffer from extreme hunger a lot since trying to maintain my weight. It feels uncontrollable, like a wild animal. I make sure I never have food in the house sometimes, except vegetables. One time I was so desperate I binge ate a bag of frozen peas and carrots. It felt like it should have been some kind of low point, lol.

My old tactics are volume eating, drinking lots of coffee, drinking lots of water..plus a few other not so nice things. But they don't work anymore. Only thing that seems to work is sleep but it just delays it.I asked my GP to prescribe appetite suppressants and other weight loss drugs, but she would not due to my weight and said it could make me underweight (no risk of that lol). I tried to explain what the extreme hunger was actually like, but she didn't seem to get it.

I feel tired a lot because i waste so much energy thinking about food and trying not to eat too much. And yes I eat a healthy amount that maintains my weight but it doesn't feel like enough, even though I know it is. (I track and weigh everything). My diet is high in protein with a low to medium amount of carbs. I fast one day a week, but I do make up for the calories. The food I eat does next to nothing to get rid of the hunger.

Anyone else had this issue? I don't want to lose more weight, but I also don't want to gain any fat or eat more. I'm hoping that this is fixable but it's so tiring. It makes me so depressed constantly resisting temptation, and when I do give in I have to work it off which just make me hungry again.

submitted by /u/hanmp
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/hSXBgYC

No comments:

Post a Comment