Sunday, April 3, 2022

Blood Work Numbers

I am a 25-year old male that stays fairly active(cardio twice to three times a week, in addition with working a job with lots of walking). Sort of turned a bind eye to monitoring a healthy weight for a few years, and when I stepped on the scale in January I was at 198lbs, with a BMI of 26.9. Thru a calorie deficit using MyPlate and increased exercise, I got myself currently to a BMI of 25.5/188lbs.

Did my physical a few days ago(the first one I’ve done since 2011🤦‍♂️)and routine blood work came back yesterday. It was a bit of a wake-up call. My LDL is 118 and Triglycerides are 180.5, both considered borderline high. Total cholesterol is at 192.6, which, according to the report, is normal. Additionally, my fasting glucose was at 108.3, which is higher than the healthy upper range. After some research it appears this is considered pre-diabetic.

I’m trying to make sense of it all. I know weight loss is beneficial for lowering all those numbers mentioned..a healthy weight range for my height(6’0) is between 136 and 184 lbs, does this mean I should aim for the midpoint, 160? I’ve also been a vegetarian since my middle school years. Almost never drink soda, and eat fried foods once to twice a week. The only culprit I can think of that would cause blood sugar issues would be eating more pasta/rice dishes than average. Bread as well. I’m Asian, so rice is a staple of our diet. Ideas on diet modification? Should I lower carb intake? Most of my meals have been eat-out as opposed to self-cooking but it’s been places like Chipotle, Panera, and Chinese restaurants where I’ll get mixed vegetables or similar.

I’m planning on seeing an R.D. soon, and putting together a meal plan but wanted to get some input from the community.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/gemini_texan
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/rjb8Lax

No comments:

Post a Comment