Thursday, April 7, 2022

Finally attempting CICO so my cat doesn’t have to go it alone.

I’ve always been the chunkiest of my siblings. Brother is easily athletic, sister is easily thin. But the past few months I’ve been at my heaviest weight ever; I remember in college thinking to myself “I’m too short to let myself be over 200lbs,” and well…here I am. 5’3” and 212lbs. I bought a bathroom scale like ten months ago at this point (which told me 215 the day I got it) and while the little changes I’ve made here and there have stopped me from gaining further, I definitely need to lose quite a bit for my physical and mental health. I have stretch marks on my belly for the first time in my life, (I’ve always had them on my thighs and arms) and one side of my belly sags lower than the other and it really bothers and frankly disgusts me.

In a similar vein, my cat is also fairly chunky. He’d also lost some weight in the last two years (formerly my mom’s cat, and she was more generous with treats and table scraps; I brought him when I moved out), but he has also plateaued his weight loss; currently he weighs like 13lbs, when he should weigh around 10.

About a week ago I made a commitment to start being more accurate while measuring his food, and to make adjustments to his serving size when I give him treats. He’s displeased to say the least lol, especially given that I can’t tell him it’s for his own longevity. But I realized that, since he is my little dude, I really ought to be doing this with him. I’ve made changes like switching to diet soda and less calorie-dense snacks, but this is my first Proper attempt at CICO, using MyFitnessPal instead of just kinda doing mental math on the days I remember.

This is partly sparked by a dream I had last night where I was getting ready for work, noticed my double chin was gone, and weighed myself and found I weighed 145lbs for the first time since elementary school. I think that’s a good reason for that to be a goal to start.

Hopefully I force myself into some accountability by sharing this. Also if you have any low-cal ideas for volume snackers…anything helps.

submitted by /u/ThunderDash
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/xmgLK3V

No comments:

Post a Comment