Thursday, April 7, 2022

I'm done being fat and hating myself. I'm losing 53lbs.

First post.

4/7/22

Hi, I'm 22(M) 6'3 and 263lbs as of right now. I've always had a issue with weight, I managed to lose a lot of weight in 2017 and keep it off until May of 2020(lockdown). My weight is starting to affect me in a lot of negative ways. I took my blood pressure at 163/95 or something, my back hurts, I dont sleep well, I'm always tired, I actively avoid any form of sexual or romantic relationships bc I feel gross, and none of my damn clothes fit any more.

My goal: Lose 53lbs by 9/7/2022, retain as much muscle as possible, be 10~15% bodyfat, and keep the weight off forever.

The plan: Cyclical keto to maintain energy, appetite, and weight loss of 1-3lbs a week. Followed by a 6ish month maintenance phase where I either keep doing Great Value keto or start introducing more carbs haven't figured it out yet.

Why keto?: I have a bmr of about 2150 confirmed by bio impedance and calorie tracking. Shockingly low for how much muscle I have, my size and how much I was working out(1-2hrs a day 6-7 days a week). I was tracking my calories perfectly, like measuring to the gram perfectly and restricting them by 300 a day, losing about 1lb a week. I was absolutely starving, and constantly fighting off cravings. Whereas my experience with keto was different I don't get anywhere near as hungry and I don't have to track as aggressively to lose weight, plus I get bad sugar crashes so this helps me stay focused.

Updates: I plan on posting weekly updates with my daily weigh ins, a brief summary of how I feel and think things are going. I'm considering daily macros, and weekly progress photos but think I'll save the photos for the end. Will likely edit most posts for grammar and better wording.

submitted by /u/fatR3tard
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jw0xEMW

No comments:

Post a Comment