Wednesday, April 6, 2022

In order to succeed, losing weight should not be your goal but merely the consequence of slowly building healthy life-time habits

I've done it all: crazy and intense workout to compensate my binges, crazy food restrictions that would backfire after days or week, take advantage of summer manual jobs to lose weight effortlessly only to gain the weight back when i would switch back to office jobs/studying. I was so sure that weight loss was simply not to me, that it would require focus, sacrifice, some intense innate willpower. None of that is strictly true or necessary, none. And so here I was, just two months ago, at my heaviest yet; binging, neglecting exercise, I just wanted to maximize my comfort, but it was a goal set to fail, as I was seeing me letting myself go, day after day, the clothes fitting tighter, my face getting rounder and my gut bigger. After a very unnecessary binge (a lot of pizza roll after eating dinner) I began to question what was I really doing and how it was impacting me but I decided to focus not on losing weight but on my relationship with food and I how I could gain a greater enjoyment by eating less and eating things I liked without sacrificing much (thanks to CICO and Intermittent Fasting 8:16 as I don't like breakfast) and I planned a routine workout I could actually succeed and I focused on the mental benefits that derived from it. 2 months later I lost 20 lbs, I feel happier and more energized, I'm glad of being free of that sense of guilt and not once I thought that I was sacrificing myself or forced myself with workout and food I don't enjoy. Life is already hard as it is, lifetime habits should be as effortless as possible.

submitted by /u/tonydn
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/iF1sBOP

No comments:

Post a Comment