Friday, April 1, 2022

Should I take a maintenance break? How would I know if I need to?

Been losing weight for about 3 months now, I'm a numbers person and I'm taking a strict CICO approach: counting all calories, tracking all workouts, and weighing myself daily. I have been very consistant, losing a steady 2 lbs per week (about 1000 cal daily deficit) with basically no variation... no cheat days, no maintenance days, haven't been sick or injured, etc.

I realize my weight loss of 2 lb/week is on the agressive side (SW: 217 lb, CW: 194 lb) but the routine has worked well for me and I'm happy... I don't feel run-down or sick of it, I've gotten a meal routine that leaves me with little/no hunger, I have good energy for my workouts (mix of cardio and weight lifting ~6 days a week, plus lots of dog walks). A big part of my deficit comes from increased activity. I am eating 2000-2500 calories per day, so not even close to a starvation diet.

Basically everything is going well, but I'm wondering whether I should/need to take a break? I see some guides advoate a maintenance period after 3-4 months of dieting, especially aggressive dieting. I don't want to burn myself out and would rather take a maintenance break *before* I'm feeling worn down. But on the other hand I'm really thriving on the routine and steady progress and don't want to interrupt that for no good reason. At my current rate I will reach my goal weight in about 2.5 months which seems completely doable to me (at least right now).

Anyone have any thoughts or experience?

submitted by /u/DifferenceMore5431
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/kyFPKl6

No comments:

Post a Comment