Sunday, April 10, 2022

Starting gym after going from a BMI of 36 to 25, looking for advice

Hello everyone!

I'm 27F, 5'1 and in the last year, I managed to go from a weight of 87 kg (191lbs) to 62 (136) by restricting calories and eating well.

TL;DR in the past year I basically became a weight-loss scientist (only for myself) and mastered the art of losing weight with OMAD and CICO, but now I lost all my muscle strength and need to go to the gym, will have to abandon the safety of my routine, and I'm at loss about what to do with my calories/IF routine and scared about becoming really hungry.

I'm starting to appreciate my body again but I've had a really noticeable reduction in muscle strength. I think it's time to start going to the gym and I will probably sign up this month.

My three goals are gaining strength, having a rounder behind, and gaining some abs. I don't have a specific weight goal but I definitely want to lose some more fat, ideally around 50kg - 110lbs without considering muscle gains.

I wrote this post in search of encouragement and advice - I don't know what to expect, and I'm scared of some stuff, mainly not being able to track fat loss through the scale, and especially being more hungry.

Most of my progress till now has been thanks to a mix of OMAD and being very sedentary, which successfully reduced my hunger. I frequently switch between maintenance and deficit and got used to my weight dropping fast and easily, but this strategy won't probably work as well anymore. At this point, despite a huge boost in health (blood tests/hair/nails/menstrual cycle all checking in), my muscles are the consistency of overcooked spaghetti. I have super weak limbs and am flabby. I don't regret my choices at all, but after a year I can see why it's not recommended to skip the gym when losing weight.

How do I intermittent fast if I work out ideally 3 days a week? Will OMAD be sustainable? Should I only IF on the days off from the gym? Can I still avoid white flour and empty carbs and eat protein-based? If I do my best, will I look better and feel stronger in a couple of months? How many calories will I have to add to my usual deficit count when working out? What is the exact science behind a big and round butt? I'm definitely at loss and unprepared for this!

I'd be especially very happy to know about your past experiences if someone went through a similar phase. Thank you so much for reading and sorry for the long post!!!

P.S. I also want to thank you guys in this sub as well, because I've been reading and sharing stuff on here since May 2021 and you folks played a big part in my weight loss achievements. When I started my diet I posted here and got a lot of support regarding my diet choices and resolutions. :) This is a great place!!

submitted by /u/Objective_Usual_1789
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/2hbU3Sf

No comments:

Post a Comment