Monday, June 13, 2022

1st weight-loss appointment today

I finally was able to get a referral to a doctor who specializes specifically in weight loss. I went today for my initial visit, and at 323 pounds I am officially at my heaviest weight. After talking with the doctor, she decided to prescribe me phentermine. She prescribed the 37.5 and I’ll be taking half of that dosage for the first month. She strongly suggested considering bariatric surgery, but I feel like I need to give it a shot this way first before going to that extent. I am going to meet with a dietitian as well as a therapist that are a part of the same weight-loss practice.

I am really excited to make changes and hopefully lose all of this weight. The doctor used some specialized scale to see that everything in my body besides the muscle and fat adds up to 164 pounds. Because of this, she said that 204 would be a healthy weight for me to get to. This made me feel great bc according to BMI charts, I would have to get to 150 to be a healthy weight, which is literally impossible if my skin, bones, & organs add up to 164 lol. Idk it made me feel not crazy I guess. It feels more realistic to get to a healthy weight, and I really hope I am able to.

submitted by /u/eilhsaa
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/skZmea3

No comments:

Post a Comment