Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Did you have long-term loss eating at just around your goal weight's sedentary TDEE?

I'm just curious to hear from people who lost weight by finding their goal weight's sedentary TDEE and eating right around there for weight loss. I've never tried it, but it makes the most sense to me- you're still eating at a deficit, but it seems like a great way to adjust to the maintenance part if you're already used to how many calories you're, in theory, aiming for for the rest of your life (or, as long as you want to be at that goal weight).

MFP/online calcs have me eating 1400 a day (5'4" F SW: 235 CW: 175 GW: 130(?) ) for about a pound a week. It's by no means difficult at this point in my journey, but I've been basically plateaued since February. I don't particularly want to cut any larger of a deficit, so I think upping my calories could potentially help me not get so mentally burned out from a plateau. TDEEcalc has me at 1566 for my sedentary TDEE calories at 130 pounds. I was thinking I could up to 1500 and lose no doubt slower, but be less burned out by plateaus and slow loss because while 1400 isn't hard, 1500 is even less hard.

Has anyone done this goal long term? Has anyone swapped to maintenance doing this for loss and find it easier? Thanks!

submitted by /u/xindierockx7114
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/Jv6AMQN

No comments:

Post a Comment