Friday, June 10, 2022

Whoa, I'm halfway there!

Whoa, livin' on a prayer!

Howdy howdy, first time posting here as I'm often a bit shy talking about my weight. Just wanted to share a bit of my progress as my weight loss journey is the only thing going right in my life right now lmao. I started my journey in about 2017/2018 at roughly 250lbs (I was too scared of the scale when I was at my heaviest, I didn't start logging my weight until I was around 230lbs). By 2019 I was down to 190lbs, the lowest I'd been since I was like 10? I dunno, I just remember hitting 215lbs by 7th grade, and I was humiliated, although all literally anyone and everyone said to me was "you don't look it!", cause I was and still am a pretty active and strong person.

Anywho, 2020 was probably the worst year of my life, and in short I put back on every pound I lost by eating my feelings. I didn't start trying again until 2021, but was definitely moving at a slower pace than before. But slow and steady wins the race right?

So last night I was getting ready for bed, and I absent-mindedly decided to check to see what size the pants were that I'd been wearing (I had just thrown on the first pair that had fit that day lol). And to my surprise, they were my skinny jeans size 15! And they had a bit of wiggle room! Today I also double checked a hoodie that used to be too tight to wear at my heaviest, and again it fit with some wiggle room! I'm currently sitting at 200lbs, I'm so close to onederland again I'm so excited! I got a pair of pants that I can almost fit into that I honestly can't wait to wear, I don't normally have 'goal clothes', but I was so close to fitting them in 2019 and it'll be a real proud moment for me when I can fit em. :)

I personally don't like gyms, between my crippling social anxiety and non-existent self esteem, I just can't force myself to go into one (last time I did I had a full blown anxiety attack, wasn't fun). So, instead of that, I've been walking laps around town with my dog, since I'm currently job hunting and don't have a car I've been able to go out for several hours a day, depending on the weather of course. I switch between listening to podcasts and music to help with the anxiety, and it's been really nice and relaxing (plus the little tots in town love my dog since she's so tiny, it's so cute to see them fawn over her c:)

I'm also working on my diet, right now I'm sticking to two healthy sized meals a day until I'm back working, since I'm not as active. If I'm still hungry, I'll have a small snack in-between, and tbh the no calorie flavoured fizzy water has helped so much, and it's so cheap so I can keep a decent supply of it on me at all times. I must be doing something right though, cause I'm not snacking like I used to and most of my junk food cravings are gone, although I will never be able to give up chocolate (thank goodness Purdy's has a varied selection of no sugar chocolates! And since they're pricey it keeps me from buying them often lol)

My GW is about 150lbs, and it's gonna be a fight to get there, but a worthwhile one. I have literally been fat my entire life (I was even the biggest baby outta my siblings), I have never known what it's like to be a healthy weight, to not have a hanging gut, to not have my thighs touching (a big F to all the pants that have fallen victim to the accursed thigh rub), like this'll be such a huge accomplishment for me, I can't wait to see that number on the scale :)

The other reason I need to be a healthier weight is the history of health problems in my family, especially on my mother's side. Both her and my Nana (grandma) had the same body shape, never exercise, eat like crap, smoke, ect. They both had their first heart attacks at 40 (mother is only at 1 right now, can't recall how many Nana had), and my Nana had type 2 diabetes, and they both have things such as high blood sugar, high cholesterol, ect. My mother's on like a dozen different meds, as was my Nana before she died, and physically I take after them the most, so I know the clock is ticking. I'm only 25 and according to my doctor I'm healthy at the moment, but I know I need to take care of this excess weight before it takes care of me.

submitted by /u/CodasHorizon
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/E6tGA1p

No comments:

Post a Comment