Tuesday, June 21, 2022

NSV

I've been struggling and feeling pretty stagnant with weight loss recently. I've kept going up and down the same 3-4ish pounds since March. I've been following a high rep calisthenic program for the past eight weeks and neglecting my usual gym routine to have the energy for it. But, at the same time, I have been seeing a lot more muscle definition in the mirror, pretty much all over. Not just my legs, which were the main focus of the program.

I reached my one month check-in.

Turns out.

Biceps: The same
Waist: Down 1.5"
Chest: Down 1"
Thighs: Down .5" each
Hip/butt: Up .5"

I was like "Damn, okay, a little recomposition going on." Really unexpected at this point, because I've been working out for years and am already fairly muscular.

Then, I went to the gym and did a body scan. They have one of those big professional ones where it sends the electronic waves through you and is supposed to be really accurate.

ALLEGEDLY (I literally do not believe this is accurate), over the past two months (did last scan end of April), I lost 5.9 kg of fat (approx 13 pounds) while overall losing only 2 pounds in weight.

Which means, ALLEGEDLY, I've put on 11 pounds of muscle over the past 2 months. I used to trust the machine, but I just don't think that's possible in the time frame, as I don't take anything except vitamins. (fish oil, vitamin D, B6, B12, A, C, calcium, zinc, magnesium, probiotics)

Also, allegedly, I'm at 22% body fat down from nearly 27%.

I don't trust the accuracy of the machine as everything I've read says 3 pounds per month is like top tier in muscle growth, but it's still a major indicator that I have been recompositioning in the right direction.

Anyway, it's really exciting that it's not just in my head. It's really exciting that I've been able to match the insane progressions in my program as well. I've done the first few weeks of this program several times before, and would have to break up sets into smaller sets and spread them through the day to accomplish them, but I'm actually able to do the program as prescribed this time and escalate each week as indicated.

submitted by /u/handle_ah_brah
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/7IKdYDN

No comments:

Post a Comment