Tuesday, June 21, 2022

OMG I finally started losing weight!

First off, I come to this reddit a lot looking for advice and tips through your own struggles and similar situations. I try to give some advice as well, if I have knowledge that I think could be useful. Ya'll are so helpful and positive. I'd love to share my success:

I *finally* started to see weight loss! After years of a little bit up, a little bit down, etc etc, trying this diet, eating fewer carbs, eating more protein, eating within calorie limits, bingeing again, doing this workout or that workout, etc. I finally realized whatever I was doing wasn't working, so I had to change my mind about food (the biggest issue) and how/when it was eaten. Knowing my own faults, I decided to work *with* them instead of fighting them (and inevitably losing the battle). One major fault is my propensity for over eating in the evening after eating well throughout the day. So I decided to try intermittent fasting. I've tried it before, but it was a "beginner's version" that still made it hard to not overeat at night. This time I went full board 20:4 (20 hours fast, 4 hours eating period). I wait until around 4:30-5pm to eat.

I really thought I was going to have trouble with this. I thought I'd get dizzy, be tired and famished all day, etc. Turns out, this experiment (so far) has worked SO well with me and my needs. I have MORE energy throughout the day (as I'm not busy eating and digesting), keeping busy helps curb cravings (and they quickly pass after feeling a little hunger), and as long as I don't drink coffee to excess, I don't get woozy/dizzy. When it's evening time, I eat healthy whole foods. It's difficult to surpass my calorie limit and I'm very full by the end of the day, so I can go to sleep without feeling ravenous and I don't have to fight the evening "feed me" monster. I still have enough energy in the day to do daily activities and my weight training/cardio (5 days a week). I've finally started to see the results of this, and I couldn't be happier.

So if you haven't tried some form of intermittent fasting, I highly recommend it! But of course, the bigger lesson is this: Test out your own body to see what you can manage, work with your strengths and weaknesses (instead of being in a constant inner turmoil), and do what works best for you! Also: You can usually do way more than you think you can!! We are way stronger than we give ourselves credit for. We just have to get to a point where enough is enough.

Love ya'll!

submitted by /u/CandiceLeeJones
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://www.reddit.com/r/loseit/comments/vhkwxa/omg_i_finally_started_losing_weight/

No comments:

Post a Comment