Monday, June 20, 2022

Doctor prescribed 1000 calorie/day plan

I've unsuccessfully been trying to lose weight for six months now. I (26F) am currently 5'1" and 166 lbs, and started the year at 170. At the beginning of the year, I completed the 75 Hard Challenge, working out twice a day and following a strict 1700-1800 calorie meal plan, with counting macros to ensure I'm getting enough protein. I completed the challenge, only losing two pounds, and maybe a quarter of an inch off my measurements. I was completely sedentary before, so I really thought regular weightlifting and tracking my calories would be a sustainable way to lose weight.

I explained my frustrations with my doctor, and she referred me to an Endocrinologist that specializes in weight loss. I waited two months to have this appt. I hoped we would talk about hormones or diet or exercise, but he immediately prescribed me Topamax and increased my Wellbutrin prescription. He then said he recommends I eat 1000 calories a day. I weightlift regularly and get 10k steps a day. I'm very worried by eating 1000 calories a day, I won't have enough energy to continue weightlifting. Additionally, I struggled with disordered eating tendencies in high school, and I worked really hard to change my outlook on food. He asked me what app I was tracking my calories on, which I use myFitnessPal, and he said, "Choose a different one because MFP only goes down to 1,200 calories." I think there's a limit on calories there because anything lower than that is dangerous.

Anyone else experience this? 1000 calories/day can't be sustainable by any means and is obviously meant for quick results. What am I supposed to do after I lose the weight? Everything in me is telling me no one should eat a 1000 calorie diet.

submitted by /u/loud_lemon2
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/5kM7sOQ

No comments:

Post a Comment