Thursday, June 23, 2022

Progress!

I was in the best shape of my life last year. 25 year old female, 167cm height, 62kg weight with about 18% body fat (a large portion of my weight was from lean muscle mass approx 48kg). I stopped being as active and tracking food around the start of this year given my insanely busy schedule (working full time, and studying a part time law degree) and I let some good habits slip.

As a result, I ended up regaining a little weight to 64.2kg with 23.5% body fat and a little bit of muscle mass loss. This gain isn’t terrible by any stretch, but the weight all went back on quite quickly over the space of a few months, so I ended up getting a few little stretch marks. I also started feeling pretty rubbish as a result of the lack of activity/ exercise.

I started tracking and maintaining a reasonable deficit again the last few weeks (approx 500 kcal a day). The majority of this deficit has been made up through activity/ exercise as well as diet. I’ve been going back to Muay Thai training and weight lifting regularly as well as increasing my daily activity through walks and runs and trying new activities (eg ballet).

I last measured myself last week and was at the aforementioned 64.2kg. Measured again today and I’m already back down to 63.4kg and body fat is down to 21.9%!! According to my readings, it looks like I’ve lost 2kg body fat and gained a little muscle.

I’m honestly chuffed with these results and happy that it hopefully won’t take long to get back to the weight/ BF % I was at at the start of the year! And I’m feeling pretty great after upping my activity again.

I don’t have many friends that are into fitness etc and my closest friends can find weight loss discussions a bit triggering, so I just wanted to post my little success here as I’m really happy with these changes 😊

submitted by /u/RoseSummers12
[link] [comments]

from loseit - Lose the Fat https://ift.tt/jTRM947

No comments:

Post a Comment